The sounds of Sanskrit ~the language of yoga
ONLINE TASTER WORKSHOP
Sunday 18th April 9.30–1.30PM
For anyone interested in immersing themselves in the deeper aspects of yoga. Experience the yoga sūtra, the śiva sūtra and the 16 divine mothers. How do you pronounce the bīja mantraḥ, and what is the true significance of the mystical sound oṁ.
• audio recordings
• access to online video
will include a taste of the following:
- yoga philosophy isn’t meant to be read in a book. It is meant to be experienced; deeply, through the realm of sound.
- Experience the yoga sūtra, the śiva sūtra and the 16 divine mothers. How do you pronounce the bīja mantraḥ, and what is the true significance of the mystical sound oṁ.
- Sound is the most profound medium through which to effect spiritual transformation; it cannot be separated from the path of yoga.
- If we want to crack a pain of glass, we have to hit the right note! If we are wanting to experience the profundity that mantraḥ has to offer, we have to pronounce it correctly!
- Deepen your connection with the path of yoga through an immersion into the gāyatrī mantraḥ like you have never experienced before!
About the Sanskrit language
Sanskrit is the language of ancient India, the mother of English, and the langauge in which all the yogic texts were composed. Fabled for its mystical power, each letter holds a unique resonance. Feel this resonance for yourself by learning how to correctly pronouce these letters.
The study of the Sanskrit language is in itself a spiritual discipline. Our mind tends to be only as free as the language in which it is has been moulded by. Engaging with the Sanskrit language has the capacity to allow a wisdom and a knowing outside of our normal thinking processes to arise within us.
The Sanskrit language is an aid to:
- Understanding in depth the wisdom of the Upanishads and the Yoga Sutras- Understanding spiritual concepts which are not capable of accurate expression in English
- Purifying the mind through sound
- Understanding the laws of creation
- Learning sound meditations effective in tuning the mind so that it becomes a suitable vehicle for self-realisation
- Learning much of the value about one’s own language