Learn to read Sanskrit
~ begins 23rd September, 2021
A unique opportunity to study the script of the Gods (devanāgarī) from the comfort of your own home.
The study of Sanskrit can be a profound and revelatory experience. It is the language in which the ancient wisdom of India was composed in, and is the language of all the yogic texts.
ओं तत् सवितुर् वरेण्यं भर्गो देवस्य धिमहि । धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् ।
- Engage with the script of the Gods (devanāgarī) from the comfort of your own home.
- Learn to read and sound āsana names and the works of yoga all composed in Sanskrit.
- Sound sections from the Bhagavad Gītā, Yoga Sūtra, Veda and various tantra.
- Discover what it is about the Sanskrit language that can make its study such a profound and revelatory experience.
- Fabled for its mystical power, each letter holds a unique resonance. Feel this resonance in your own body by learning how to correctly pronounce these letters.
- 10 sessions, every other Thursday 7–9pm (with a break for Christmas), starting 23rd September 2021
- (23/9, 7/10, 21/10, 4/11, 18/11, 2/12, 13/1, 27/1, 10/2. 24/2)
- You will have access to the videos after the session should you have to miss a session, or want to recap.
- Access to supporting documents, recordings and email support.
- There will be homework after every session which we will mark and get back to you
ओं तत् सत् ।
- Audio recordings
- Access to the videos after the live event via the course login page.
- Course notes
- All homework individually marked
the 16 divine mothers
the 4 great sayings
passages from the Upaniṣad
sections from the Yoga Sūtra
ओं शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ।