pāṭhaḥ and prayatna
ONLINE COURSE ~ STARTING 5TH MARCH 2022
“When the energies are one there is unity”
tulyāsya prayatnam savarṇam (pāṇini 1.1.9)
* Invoices will not be sent out until February but it would be very useful if you could register your interest.
* Only for those who have completed ‘The Sounds of Sanskrit ~ The Language of Yoga’.
- Learn the technique of combination and permutation found in the tradition of the veda, known as the pāṭhaḥ.
- A meditation technique that deeply stills the mind, the pāṭhaḥ, or recitations, increase in difficulty allowing the mind to relinquish its grasp and open to a deeper knowing.
- Learn how to apply these permutations through the śivapañcākṣarī mantra, gāyatrī and mṛtyuñjaya.
- Also learn the internal and external ‘efforts’ inherent within each sound. Known as the prayatna, the great grammarian pāṇini gives voice to these in his sūtra ‘tulyāsya prayatnam sarvaṇam’.
- Aware of these efforts we drop into an ‘effortless effort’, perhaps realising the energies as one, we find unity.
Course dates (All Saturdays):
9.00–13.00 (following UK time).
£160 (10% discount if also attending the grammar course and sound and silence meditations (link here). Total package for all three is £369).